The latest development release of Wine has been announced. Changes in this release include:
- Sub-pixel font anti-aliasing in the DIB engine.
- Support for automatic installation of ActiveX controls.
- Automatic fallback to TLS 1.0 for secure connections.
- Beginnings of the DirectWrite text analyzer.
- Better handling of font outlines in OpenGL.
- Various bug fixes.
Download: [ Wine 1.5.17 ]
- Hereos of Newerth is up to version 22.214.171.124.
- Introversion’s next title Prison Architect is in an alpha testing stage; while there’s not a Linux client yet, pre-purchasing will get you access to it once it arrives.
- Minecraft had a Pretty Scary Update recently which includes a new boss, Wither. More details here.
We’re looking for Linux gamers to install and test our new Steam for Linux client. We are primarily interested in experienced Linux users.
In order to take the survey or update your existing submission, you need to first login with your Steam account to link your response with your Steam ID.
There are only 1000 spots, so be sure to fill it out ASAP.
Lots of work for the impending Steam/linux release. New games, old games, and tools to support them. Fun times!
Exciting days ahead :)
The main item for this release is the addition of QuakeLive support. This includes support for the encrypted paks, and png textures support (including on models). bspc.exe (for bot navigation files), and a version of q3map2 with QuakeLive support is provided as well.
The Urban Terror support has been improved as well. The default compiler for UrT is now the modified compiler that was release by FrozenSand, with the lighting model that UrT level designers are accustomed to.
Go get it!
Inspired heavily by the 70′s Sci-fi aesthetic, Maia is a colony management simulator where you must keep your colonists safe, fed and happy. Liberally influenced by nineties god games, the game will have a dark sense of humour and more toys to play with than you can shake a Molyneux at.
The project goal is £100,042; a playable release is currently targeted to mid-January.