October 16th, 2009 by Zarel
A new release of Warzone 2100, a FOSS real-time strategy game has been announced. Changes in this release include:
- In-game cutscenes are now available (the installer will download them automatically, by default)
- Some basic protection against multiplayer cheating has been added
- Game balance has been significantly improved
- For players used to other RTSes, mouse buttons can now be reversed
- Repair facilities now repair nearby units automatically
- New logo and icon
- Tons of bugs, crashes, and annoyances have been fixed
- For a full list of changes, see the changelog
For new and old players, the online documentation has improved significantly.
Screenshots: [ View ] Download: [ wz2100.net ]
This post was submitted by Zarel.
October 12th, 2009 by Marv
Development release 1.1.31 of Wine, has been announced. New items in this release includes the following items:
- Vastly improved monthcal control.
- Performance improvements for DIB sections.
- Several sound driver fixes.
- Beginning of ActiveX support in JScript.
- More Direct3D 10 work.
- More 16-bit dlls split off to separate modules.
- Support for attachments in MAPI.
- Various bug fixes.
Download: [ Wine 1.1.31 ]
October 10th, 2009 by PlatinumArts
The Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2.4 Release has arrived! Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker is an open source game design program for kids and adults featuring in game map/world creation, even cooperatively! The focus is to make the process of creating games and worlds easy enough for kids but powerful enough to create full game projects. Download it at: http://SandboxGameMaker.Com
To view the ease of the in game editing watch the tutorial video.
New Features Include:
* Multiplayer Bots
* Banana Relay Base Capture Gamemode
* RPG Mode Rewritten – Includes new particles with awesome spells like fireball, invisibility, light, and a new inventory system!
* Sidescroller Updates – now includes more power ups and a flying fish projectile!
* Many New Maps – Cavern2 (winner of the mapping contest, massive cavern with lava falls!), Trainmap featuring a working train, Bastion, Village updates including streets!, Bottest, savethebanana, and rpg_snow – a very beautiful ancient mine and village map!
* In Game AVI Movie Recording
* Animated Textures with a tutorial map (tutorial-texanim) thanks to Offtools
* Blendmap / Paint Mode – Ability to paint on top of textures!
* Many new textures and models!
* Lots of bugfixes and other features!
Full changelog/feature list
Youtube videos of features
October 8th, 2009 by irritant
Version 7.31 of Alien Arena has been released today for windows and linux users! In addition to some exciting new content, there are also a number of engine improvements, optimizations, and gameplay enhancements.
Some of the new features in this release:
Improved shadow volumes with self shadowing.
Vertex buffer object management.
Anisitropic image filtering.
New weather effects.
Duplicate player renaming.
Two new levels.
Auto detection of settings on first run.
Run time optimizations.
For a complete changelog look http://icculus.org/alienarena/changelogs/7.31.txt
Alien Arena is open source, free to play, and sets a new standard in freeware FPS gaming. To download the game(windows or linux), or for more information, screenshots and videos, visit http://red.planetarena.org
This post was submitted by irritant.