June 2nd, 2008 by Crusader
The Linux Game Tome pointed out ZeroBallistics, a tank combat game from QuantiCode currently in open beta testing. Features:
- Three levels set in an alpine environment
- Three different main weapons, and one secondary weapon
- Three different skills
- Deathmatch and Team Deatchmatch modes
Info on controls and tank handling can be found in the readme.
Media: [ View ] Download: [ quanticode.com ]
June 1st, 2008 by Crusader
NVIDIA has released a new Linux display driver build, version 173.14.05, for 32-bit and 64-bit x86 Linux systems that utilize their graphics hardware. Here’s what’s new:
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- Quadro FX 3600M
- GeForce 9800 GX2
- GeForce 9800 GTX
- GeForce 9600 GT
- GeForce 9600 GSO
- GeForce 9600 GS
- GeForce 9500M GS
- GeForce 8400
- GeForce 8400 GS
- Added support for Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI and Quadro G-Sync II.
- Resolved a bug causing left and right eyes to be reversed in stereo mode on some Quadro FX GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused OpenGL to stop rendering to windows with origins at or beyond 4096 pixels (horizontally) on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug causing some Quadro FX 4500 SDI configurations to take a long time to achieve synchronization.
- Added preliminary support for X.Org server 1.5.
- Addressed a problem causing visual corruption when using GeForce 8 GPUs to drive Chi Mei 56″ displays.
- Addressed visual corruption when driving Cintiq 20WSX wide format tables with some GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed OpenGL rendering corruption with textures compressed using the DXT5 compression algorithm.
- Fixed a regression that caused invalid EDIDs to be detected for the internal display device on some notebooks.
- Improved hotkey switching and power management support on some GeForce 8 notebooks.
- Fixed a regression causing some GeForce 6100/6150 systems to fail to restore the screen after DPMS cycles.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the console from being restored correctly in SLI mode on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed interlaced modes on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused the synchronization signal polarity to always be positive for DVI devices on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Resolved a problem resulting in X startup to fail on some GeForce 8 and 9 systems without swap space.
- Fixed a bug resulting in X crashes when using GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs in SLI to drive X screens at depth 8.
- Fixed a problem that caused TV output on secondary TVs to be black and white on some GPUs.
- Restored compatibility with recent Linux 2.6 kernels.
The README has more info on installation and configuration.
Download: [ nvidia.com ]