- mouse support was added
- works if there is no audio device available
- audio support
- gracefully exit on errors
- simpler options file
- autoconf is used
Tunnel 1.1 downloads: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/tunnel/download.html
- now includes music
- paragui has been integrated into ASC as new dialog engine
- new control method: selecting fields and executing actions with a
- single click
- reactionfire can now be deactivated without consequences if it has
- just been activated
- mapeditor: objects are selected on the palette map too
- updated documentation
- fixed: AI conquered allies’ buildings
- fixed: mount created broken container files
ASC 1.10.0 downloads: http://www.asc-hq.org/download.html
Version 0.1.5 of Sierra’s AGI compatible game engine AGIL has been released. This engine is for playing games such as King’s Quest, Space Quest and Leisure suit Larry natively under Linux. Changes and or fixes for this release include:
- ignore.objs and observe.objs commands implemented.
- Game logic decompiler added.
- Horizon handling improved.
- Allows the game logic to change ego’s direction with VAR.
“With the passing of Loki and work on a patch for T2 getting ready to begin, the question of linux support becomes important. What will happen from your side when the next patch doesn’t get a linux version? What servers might be effected? Linux people – who are you turning to with Loki gone?”
Without much suprise windows users have posted to the forum and said “linux users can go to hell”. The linux gaming community needs to voice their selves as well. Let Sierra know what you think they should do with the Linux port of Tribes2.
Post your message: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115337
David Hedbor from Eon Games sent in some word with a few announcments:
- Eon Games has laucnhed as an entity. It’s a new indy game developer by yours truely. Target platforms include Linux, Windows and PDA’s.
- Eligo 1.0b6 for the Sharp Zaurus was released today. Since this would be the first announcement I won’t bother with changes. It’s a multi-mode puzzle game similar to Lines,
- Strategic Assault beta 6 for Sharp Zaurus is out. It’s a real time strategy game for handhelds, and it’s a port from Pocket PC.
- Alexander let us know that he’s posted a Linux Diablo 2 HOWTO at his site; youcan also read the German version here.
- ixenator let us know that Blizzard has released apatch forStarcraft which allows LAN play via UDP, as the shutdown ofthe bnetd project made it difficult for Linux users to play Starcraft over a LAN (the game shipped withonly IPX LAN support).
- Finally, the guys at Penny Arcade have posted their analysis of the bnetd situationhere.
Matrox Driver Beta 2.0 Download (README):
Version 2.4.18 of the ubiquitous Linux kernel was released; please note that it contains what’s apparently a significant bugfor non-Intel architectures (as noted in the changelog), soif you’re using a non-x86 box you’ll probably want to hold off on upgrading for now.
- configuration cleanup
- fixed locale for non isolatin country
- fixed voice repetition bug
- fixed drag&drop deadlock in the drawing board plus includes
- now anchors to resize items properly
GCompris 1.0.0Pre4 downloads: @ sf.net
- better hole, edge and table surface design
- balls dropping into holes
- additional commandline option for balldetail
- more strict 8pool rules
- correct timing for queue
- more commandline options
- config file (~/.foobillardrc) – takes same args as commandline
- winner/loser bug with 8ball fixed
FooBillard 0.8 source: foobillard-0.8.tar.gz
Version 20020228 of the open-source Windows implementation Wine has been released; changes include:
- client-side font rendering using Xrender
- local server COM support
- DrawText improvements
- fixes for better MS Office support
- preliminary support for C unit tests.
- bug fixes
Wine 20020228 source: Wine-20020228.tar.gz
Tomas Hämälä wrote in to annouce OpenAL++ – An Object Oriented API for Spatial Sound. OpenAL++ was developed as an in-house tool for spatial audio at VRlab, OpenAL++ is now released to the public. The libraries CommonC++ and PortAudio are also used. OpenAL++ is released under the LGPL.
Features of OpenAL++ include:
- Object oriented interface
- easy thread handling
- automatic initialization/shutdown and more.
For more information and downloads visit: http://www.vrlab.umu.se/forskning/openalpp
Rick Overman sent in some news about GarageGames
By the community for the community — Editor Matt “CaptFallout” Webster brings the GarageGames community a periodic newsletter filled with breaking news, helpful articles, hands on code and scripting examples, community discussion topics and a chuckle or two. March 2002 issue.
0.12 of the space adventure/combat game in development Epiar has been released. Changes and or fixes in this release include:
- First laser added. You can blast the a.i. out of the galaxy!
- Zoom in/out added to nav map
- Nicer and smoother sprite rotation (36 frames now)
- Fonts implemented
Check out the review: http://www.gamesforlinux.de/Spiele/candycruncher.htm