John Bleichert wrote in to point out a new game that he found while poking around, called Zenrai. Zenrai is a 3D MMORPG that is set in an ancient oriental setting. The game itself is not ready for beta testing, but is scheduled to be in mid to late 2003 (a form will be up to sign up for the test when it gets closer). You can read more about the game on its homepage.
thanks for the info. Looks like I created a new flame war on that forum. Yes I remember your first mail.* I think we’re a company and we should take care of porting our products by ourselves or through regular business contracts. Anyway, there’s no technical problem in getting TF run under linux. It’s just a matter of time. I can do it by myself and I’ll do it. If TF sells well or totally fails, either way, I’ll have plenty of time.
0.14 of the space adventure/combat game in development Epiar has been released. Changes and or fixes in this release include:
- Fixed menu input timing errors
- Smarter memory management
- Added menu option for instructions (you know, so you know how to play)
- More Physics
- Improved hud (shield and laser recharge bars)
- Added shield status to all sprites on screen
- Much better collision detection
- Big graphical improvement (with even more coming!)
- Misc. bug fixes
… to whine endlessly, and with such self-righteousness and wit, about how much you hate pop-up ads. Because Lord knows you’re paying us for the privilege of serving you, and there are no ways to disable those ads, anyway.
Have a great day!
Larry Brackney forwarded the Return To Castle Wolfenstein v1.31 patch ChangeLog:
1. Fixes added in 1.31
Teleportation and Reviving Players Bugs Fixed
Bugs introduced in 1.30 related to reviving players and teleportation, or warping,on certain maps have been fixed. These issues were a byproduct of a fix forreviving players on and around script movers (the giant doors in mp_assault for example).
The patch is available from http://www.rtcwfiles.com.
[It] ran very smooth and fast in linux using Wine.I ran it for half an hour in 1280×1024@32bit fullscreen (had to changemy desktop depth to 16 bit for that) and it ran very fine (between 20-40fps).
God was using NVIDIA drivers version 2802 and Wine version 20011226 from CVS.
Dan Olson, you may now post the requisite “Wine is bad” comment.
Version 3.9.6c of Open Sound System, the commercial implementation of the OSS/Free sound drivers included in the Linux kernel, has been released; changes include:
- support for Tru64 UNIX v5.1
- rear channel
- support for Compaq Presario 7xx laptops with VIA 82C686 audio fixed
- support for Turtle Beach Santa Cruz/Video Logic Sonic Fury (CS4630)
- new Virtual Mixer features
- new SBLive! drivers (mixer screenshot)
OSS 3.9.6c downloads: http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi
Version 0.2.6 r2 of the Gameboy Advance emulator BoyCott Advance/SDL has been released; changes include:
- Restructured config file and commandline switches [SDLemu Generic];
- - Commandline switches overrule configfile [SDLemu Generic];
- fixed quit-crash when using OpenGL/YUV
- Overlay and Sound
- redid YUV Overlay rendering
- fixed and optimised GL_QUAD rendering
- added OpenGL blurring and Alpha Blending effect (selectable!) to OpenGL renderer
- added TV-Mode and Dot-Matrix interlaced filters to OpenGL renderer using SDL_OPENGLBLIT hack
- added Motion Blur filter to SDL software-renderer
- added CTRL, ALT, SPACE, ETC keys for movement use
- bugfixes, tweaks and cleanups
BoyCott Advance/SDL 0.2.6 r2 downloads: http://sdlemu.ngemu.com/basdl.php
- the number of mines is now displayed in the field information window
- fixed: canceling Reactionfire enabled units that can not attack after
- moving to move immediately
- fixed: View unit movement revealed the reaction fire status of enemy units
- new function “resource comparison” in map editor
- fixed display error when entering passwords
- fixed wrong text position in mouse options
- fixed crash in replay
ASC 1.10.1 downloads: http://www.asc-hq.org/download.html
Alexander Pipelka wrote in to announce that he is looking to hand over his postition of SDL widget library ParaGUI maintainer to somebody else. Of course, potential maintainers should be familiar with the project and the code behind it. If you are interested, drop Alex an email at email@example.com.
This is a little old, but it’s something that should still be posted. Numerous LG readers wrote in to point out that NaN, creator of the 3D app Blender (Creator and Publisher), have announced that they will be “re-organizing” the company. During this reorganization period, the Website may be only partially functional, online orders won’t be taken, and no downloads of Blender will be available. Slashdot also ran a story about this.
- bug fixes and tweaks to the core code
- enhanced config file processing and player selection prompts for some ports
- refinements to race/role separation
Nethack 3.4.0 downloads: @ www.nethack.org
- new board to teach space orientation
- new board to teach colors
- the Slovak translation has been created
- better mouse pointer
- the draw board now includes a grid that makes it possible to introduce new activities like ‘reproduce this’
- now works well in other locales, e.g. Lithuanian
GCompris 1.0.1 downloads: @ sf.net