We know you’re all waiting eagerly for the 1.4 update to be released and I’ve got a brief status update for you. Quality Assurance testing has turned up a few issues with 1.4 that need to be addressed before it can go out the public. One of them is specific to ATI cards, so we’re working closely with the guys over at AMD / ATi to get this resolved as quickly as possible, while also making sure that the rest of the update is as solid as can be. We don’t expect this to be resolved before the new year, so we’re now aiming to release 1.4 in early January 2008.
Despite the update not being out in time, we here at Splash Damage and id Software would like to wish all of you fantastic holidays and we hope you have a great 2008!
Edit by Crusader: While we’re at it, here’s what to expect in the patch:
- New User Interface Features – new server browser, HUD complexity toggle, end of match statistics
- Basic Training for New Players – voice over tips for bot mode training
- Auto-Downloading – support for downloading third-party maps/mods from servers
- ETQW:TV – spectator mode for tournament matches
- Gameplay Balance Improvements – improved headshots, deployable hacking, and vehicle damage models
- Networking Update – fixes for ISP and memory leak issues