Tux Paint, an open source drawing program for young children, has reached version 0.9.18:
- “Magic” tools (blur, grass, rainbow, etc.) are now plug-in based, and loaded at runtime
- You can write your own new “Magic” tools, and test them quickly and easily!
- Pick from over 50,000 colors using a new color chooser pop-up
- A dozen new “Magic” tools have been added, including a calligraphy pen, water drops, foaming bubbles…
- The Pango library is now used to render the UI text, improving support for complex languages like Arabic
- Some new translations
- A new Input Method
- New brushes and stamps
The author, Bill Kendrick, also let us know that he will be speaking about Tux Paint at the Peninsula Linux User Group meeting in Redwood City, California, in December.
Download: [ tuxpaint.org ]