The version 1.2 client for QuakeWars: Enemy Territory has been updated by
- voice chat support (OSS and Alsa backends)
- OSS sound: fixed the dsp device from s_dsp -> s_device
- s_noMic to skip the mic init / voice input
- by default, don’t require Ctrl+Alt+~ for console toggle
- r_useThreadedRenderer hardcoded to 0 – is not supported in the Linux build atm
- cleanup and simplify the frame timing code, hopefully fixing the fps banding problems
- fix showFPSBandings crash, com_showFPS needs to be enabled
- make SIGHUP shutdown more explicit, as it’s not a crashbut rather a requested shutdown (controlling terminal exited)
- set r_useFBODestinationBuffer to 0 when detecting an NVidia card(required for 5700 series otherwise performance degrades too much)
- misc updates to fix potential gamecode crashes
- add zpaks to the setups
There was also a server update recently to fix a threading issue. ETQW is a multiplayer-oriented first-person shooter developed by Splash Damage set prior to Quake 2 during the Strogg invasion of Earth.
Here are a few recent documentation updates and articles of note:
- Beyond3D, withassistance from Splash Damage, examined ETQW’sMegaTexture technology.
- A guest blog entry at the official
CommunitySite explains the game’s Experience System, which bestows rewards andrecognition on players for their achievements and skill.
- The author of the previous article also maintains the
ETQW 4 Newbiessite, which has updated guides for communication, scripting, teamwork, weapons, trickjumping,and VOIP.
Download: [ enemyterritory.com (mirror list) ]