id Software has released the Linuxdemo for Enemy Territory: QuakeWars, the multiplayer-oriented first-person shooter developed by
The files are available on the BitTorrent tracker and will be on the mirrorssoon. If you have the Windows version already you can get the -update releaseand copy the pk4 files manually.
There is no full client yet, I need to merge some code, package things up andget it tested for a bit. Soon though.
The demo features a single map,
Other notes: You’ll want to enable low latency (CONFIG_HZ_1000=y) and preemption in your kernel for optimal performance; here are the system requirements:
- GNU/Linux x86 system:
- x64/amd64 systems supported through 32 bit emulation layer only
- BSD systems through Linux ABI compatibility
- Pentium(r) 4 2.0 GHz or Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ processor
- 512MB RAM
- Kernel 2.6, configured for 1000Hz tick and other low latency settings
- 3D acceleration (not required for server):
- SDL >= 1.2  ( >= 1.2.10 recommended )
- latest OpenGL drivers – correctly configured!
- nVidia(r) GeForce 5700 (except LE and VE)
- ATI(r) Radeon 9700