There’s been a few developments on the PlayStation 3 front:
- IBM has posted An introduction to Linux on the PLAYSTATION 3, which covers the installation of Yellow Dog Linux on the Sony game console, and initial programming steps.
- A reader pointed out this announcement for a PS3 Linux development environment from RapidMind intended for Terra Soft’s YDL.net Enhanced customers.
- There’s some notes on getting pygame, a set Python-based modules for game development, running on the PS3 at Buffi’s blog: YDL; Fedora
- A Debian PS3 Live CD has been released by Yaegashi Takeshi. It also contains the installer if you wish to install the distro on the PS3’s HDD.
- Finally, the Gentoo distribution has added support for the PS3. There’s installation notes and available and also some discussion about it at Brent Baude’s blog.