Totally tubular Guitar Hero clone, Frets on Fire, has a new version out. This version is truly rocking the house with support for importing music from the actual Guitar Hero game. It also adds support for joystick hats. I’m not sure what kind of hat is also a joystick, but that might be fun to find out. Hat Hero, anyone? I’ll be sure to talk a bit more about this after I’ve played it for our upcoming podcast. Other changes:
- Added a Guitar Hero(tm) song importer.
- Fixed the key-release bug for long notes introduced by the previous version.
- Added support for joystick axes and hats.
- Added adjustable song delay in the editor.
- Improved song chooser to remember last played song.
- SDL_mixer and SDL_ttf added to Linux package to ease running on e.g. FreeBSD.
- Added custom color scheme support.
- Score multiplier now resets when notes are missed.
- Added new difficulty level and support for songs with varying tempo.
Frets on Fire 1.0.225: [ Download THE PURE ROCK INTENSITY OH YEAAAAAH ]