A couple of driving-oriented game projects have released new versions of their respective creations:Sturmbahnfahrer, which has hit release 1.1, is a simulated obstacle course. This release fixes the issue where a failure of sound initialization is no longer fatal. Also, Automanic, a vehicular deathmatch game, which hopes to become the best of Twisted Metal, Interstate ’76, the Burnout Games, and Carmageddeon, focusing on cross-country carnage, has hit release 0.2. Changes in their release include:
- Really cool explosions!! (In slow motion! With camera zoom!)
- Armour system, different cars can have different amounts of armour
- Damage system. Ramming and shooting cars takes off armour until they blow up
- 2 different weapons so far.
- unique vehicles with their own gear settings and default weapon setups.
- 2 different maps. The carpark has many objects lying around, more weapons, and bumpmapped vehicles. However, it may be slow on your computer.
- Trolleys, crates and Parked civilian cars to push around in the carpark map. The parked cars also blow up.