We have received this press release for the DropTeam Multiplayer Demo:
Battlefront.com and TBG Software are excited to announce the availability of the DropTeam Multiplayer Demo, the recently released Sci-Fi themed real-time armored vehicle combat simulation. This Demo replaces the currently hosted Dropteam “Public Test” Demo as it contains many new game enhancements and updates.
DropTeam combines accurate physics and ballistic systems, intelligent and realistic unit and weaponry capabilities with fast paced action set in a stark future of humanity. This DropTeam Multiplayer Demo is being offered in three different formats. One for Mac, one for Windows and one for Linux. This marks the first title published by Battlefront.com to offer Linux support!
DropTeamT Multiplayer Demo details…
This is a Demo release of DropTeam (download links below). This DropTeam Multiplayer Demo has the following important restrictions:
1. Single player is disabled. You can only play network games with this release. The full version of the game includes single player skirmish games and single player campaign games.
2. This release only allows you to play 1 of the game’s many scenarios. The full version of the game includes 21 scenarios with more available for free download after release. Apart from these restrictions, this is a fully functional release. Players can use all of the dozens of vehicles and deployable items in the game. The included scenario is “Raid”. It takes place on an inhabitable moon called Hopewell. Hopewell orbits a gas giant in the Wolf 9773 star system. Almost half of the moon’s surface, called “The Scorch”, is a radiocative Hell created by the destruction of an antimatter station that used to orbit the gas giant. The remainder of Hopewell has recovered from this disaster and is once again beginning to flourish with vegetation and a growing human population. This DropTeam Multiplayer Demo includes everything needed to connect to servers and play on the Internet or on Local Area Networks on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X Tiger. It also includes everything needed for players to run their own public or private servers.
A stripped down version of the game’s manual is available in PDF format. This abbreviated manual explains everything players need to know about running the game and also what administrators need to know about running their own servers.
DropTeamT Multiplayer Demo Minimum Requirements:
* Geforce4/Radeon 9600 64MB VRAM class video or better
* 512 MB system RAM
* GLIBC version 2.3.4 or higher
* X Windows with working OpenGL acceleration
* ALSA audio
P4 or G5 CPU
1 GB RAM
nVidia 6600 or Radeon 9800 class video card
Download: [ DropTeam Multiplayer Demo ]