Fans of Quake II might be interested in the new version of Quetoo, an enhanced Quake II engine. Changes in this long awaited release include:
- Targa (.tga) support for all game images (status bar pics, crosshairs, player skins, world textures).
- Mono (white) lightmap interpolation for neutral lighting in pro level play.
- Zlib compression for server datagrams, saves 20-30% bandwidth during busy games.
- Explicit model precaching for keeping commonly encountered player models resident in memory.
- New portable memory allocation subsystem (similar to Quake3’s com_hunkmegs).