Version 0.5.2 of Mednafen 0.5.2, a portable emulator utilizing OpenGL and SDL, and which emulates the Atari Lynx, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, NES, PC Engine (TurboGrafx 16), and SuperGrafx, has been released. Changes and new features include:
- Modified the PCE code to only include header files that are needed.
- Fixed a memory leak in the state saving code.
- PCE: Closing HES music files will no longer produce battery-backed RAM files. x_x
- Fixed a memory leak in the state loading code.
- Reduced memory slightly in the text rendering code by using all the bits available in the array(instead of the lower bit of each byte) that tells if a glyph is available or not.
- Modified the internal message display code to allocate and free space for the message being displayed, rather than using a rather small static array.
- PCE: Fixed a small bug that would cause 1/75 second or less of the old CDDA track to play when switching to a new CDDA track.
- PCE: Changed how reads from $0000 are handled, and made vblank occur slightly later in the frame, to fix Valis 1.
- PCE: The CD reset function of $1804 now clears more variables, fixing problems with lockups when using the START+SELECT soft reset in the middle of a data read.
- Finally fixed the endian conversion code so that save states(and netplay) are compatible between big-endian and little-endian systems. **NOTE** Save states created in previous versions of Mednafen on big endian platforms(such as OS/X PPC) will no longer work in this version.
Download: [ Mednafen 0.5.2 ]