- The VBO (vertex buffer object) extension is now enabled by default (except on a few 3D card/driver combinations where we know that it doesn’t work properly).
- There is a new foliage generator.
- The old crossbuilder/model loader system has been removed. Instead CS can now load MD2 and 3DS files natively through the normal loading system.
- The ball mesh has been removed.
- A lot of memory leaks have been fixed.
- The particles mesh has been considerably improved in performance.
- There is a new more generic event system.
- The render priority system has been changed.
- A new scene node system has been implemented, bringing Crystal Space closer to being a real scene graph.
- The software renderer has been completely rewritten.
- Compared to the last pseudo-stable the python plugin is now actually working here.
- There is a new Bullet physics plugin (alternative to ODE).
- There is a totally new sound system. The old sound system will soon be removed. The new sound system is more stable but at the moment doesn’t have any hardware accelerated versions (i.e. no OpenAL or related).
- The lightmap format has changed! This means that you will have to relight all your levels.
- A new CEGUI based window system has been added.
- Lots of bug fixes including fixes for 64-bit computers.
One Response to “Crystal Space 0.99”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.