October 25th, 2005 by Crusader
Version 0.1.0 of Danger from theDeep, an open source WWII U-boat simulator, has been released (screenshots).Features include:
- basic world simulation, night and day
- realistic water and cloud simulation
- one type of destroyer, one battleship, one aircraft carrier, three subs, eightcivilian ship types
- steering, firing, diving, periscope use
- free look engine for testing, periscope, UZO (aiming binoculars), bridgeview
- console for logging purposes
- basic physics (acceleration, steering, firing)
- basic destroyer AI (follow, throw depth charges)
- mission parsing via text files, you can create your own custommissions
- tonnage recording and logbook
I’ve been interested in submarine warfare for years, so I’m gratified to see aproject like this underway.
Danger from the Deep 0.1.0 Download: [ sourceforge.net ]
You must be logged in to post a comment.