Some things this fixes:
– The scoreboard in DM-Morpheus3.
– Motion blur in Red Orchestra and UnWheel, etc.
– Realistic player shadows.
– The Hellbender license plate. Some notes, first:
– This is Linux only right now; MacOS doesn’t have the GL extension I want, at least not as of 10.4.2. The second it shows up in the OS, I’ll pull the trigger there, too.
– You MUST have version 3355 installed. Earlier (and later, later) versions WILL NOT WORK, and the GAME WILL CRASH. You have been WARNED.
– You MUST have Nvidia’s latest drivers, or this WILL NOT WORK (although it will probably work like it does now, no render targets). ATI’s drivers, or anyone else’s, will probably work if they support the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_object.
– You MUST set “UseRenderTargets=True” in the “[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]” section of your UT2004.ini, or it WILL NOT WORK.
- To get realistic shadows, you also have to set “bPlayerShadows=True” and “bBlobShadow=False” in the “[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]” section of your User.ini…the GUI config will not let you set this in 3355 (but the next official patch will correct this). You can also enable vehicle shadows in User.ini.
- Realistic player shadows (or even blob shadows) won’t render on terrain on the Nvidia drivers, because of their 4 TMU limit for fixed-function pipeline apps. There is no fix planned for this at this time. Go buyan ATI card if it bothers you, and mail the receipt to Nvidia’s engineering department.
- The DM-Morpheus3 scoreboard renders strangely in Windows too; this is not an OpenGL renderer bug, it matches the behaviour of the Direct3D renderer.
- Red Orchestra’s motion blur now works (and, unrelated, their splash screen got fixed, too), but the sniper scope is still broken; use the “texture” setting and not “model” for the sniper scope in the options. This is my bug, to be considered later.
- This was not built on the Holy Build Box. If it refuses to start up on your machine because of a glibc conflict, etc, sorry. Wait for an official patch.
- This was built with all my gcc4 mangling from MacOS/x86, and all my Win64 changes…there is a LOT of code changed over 3355, so if it crashes, too bad, wait for an official patch.
- This is x86 only. amd64 will not be forthcoming until, you guessed it, an official patch. If you write me asking for an amd64 build, I will delete it without replying.
UT2004 Test Patch for v3355 Download (unpack it in your game’s System dir, overwriting ut2004-bin):[ icculus.org ]