The organizers of the Python Game Programming Challenge sent in word that registration is now open for their contest, which begins on Sunday, August 28th and runs through September 4th.
You may enter either individually or as a team. If you’re keen and would liketo join a team, but can’t organise your friends, then sign up anyway and offeryour services to other entrants. The challenge will use skills in Python programming, graphics, sound or music. For those who came in late, the PyWeek challenge:
1. Invites entrants to create a game (coded in Python) in one week from scratch either as an individual or in a team,
2. Aims to be challenging and fun,
3. Entries must be developed during the competition, and must incorporate some theme decided at the start of the competition,
4. Will hopefully increase the public body of python game tools, code and expertise,
5. Will let a lot of people actually finish a game, and
6. May inspire new projects (with ready made teams!)
The challenge rules can be found here.