The ever-famous xmame/xmess has been updated to release 0.97. Changes include the following items:
- Everything from MAME 0.97 and MESS 0.97
- When the emulation is unpaused, the keyboard state is cleared. This prevents keypresses from bleeding over from the user interface.
- The SDL driver now uses the correct green mask for RGB 565. This fixes a problem with SDL on DirectFB being unable to find a valid video mode. (Uli H.)
- The SDL driver now locks the video surface before retrieving the pointer to its memory. This fixes a crash with SDL on DirectFB. (Uli H.)
- Fixed a few spots in the code for 4.3 BSD, e.g., OpenStep on NeXT.
- Fixed bugs in the Xv driver and the 6-tap effect that affected big-endian architectures. (Hans de Goede)