- Game texts: weren’t changing when only removing characters from the end.
- Import: more robust to invalid data.
- Hold upgrade: doesn’t assume previously clean rooms are automatically conquered.
- Room editor: couldn’t undo a character script view/edit. Removed confirmation on serpent deletion.
- Rattlesnakes: weren’t killed by NPC sword stabs.
- Characters: subtle script fixes; invisible swords should not be treated as monster barriers; wubba NPC is now invulnerable by default; mimic/decoy NPCs can now light fuses and drop trapdoors.
- Export: Now can export hold speech script by enabling ExportSpeech ini parameter.
- Explosions: effect is no longer expansion order-dependent.
- Seep: kills by door now counted.
- Level start position: couldn’t place sword on serpent.
- Minimap: room state wasn’t updating when an NPC turns into a monster.
- Brain powerdown: was incorrectly playing on some room entrances.
- Stairs: double cast shadow.
Caravel is also launching an online service, CaravelNet:
Right now, when you purchase DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold you will also receive a free one-year subscription to CaravelNet! In July we are planning to release CaravelNet-exclusive level packs, and at that time the CaravelNet one-year subscription will cost $12. Order now and you get all the upcoming level packs and further CaravelNet benefits for free!drod.net ]