June 5th, 2005 by Crusader
Nocturne sent in a link to BlitzResearch’s multi-platform BASIC-derived game programming language BlitzMax. Features:
- Function pointers
- Fully dynamic arrays
- Inheritance and polymorphism
- ‘By reference’ function parameters
- Byte, Short, Int, Long, Float and Double numeric data types
- Array and string slicing
- Flexible ‘collection’ system for dealing with linked lists etc
- Low level pointer handling
- UTF16 strings
- The ability to ‘Incbin’ binary data and access it as easily as if it werea regular file
- External language support for interfacing with C/C++/ObjectiveC orassembly code
There’s a screenshot of the Linux IDE here; the licenseis $80 USD, and can be purchased at Blitz’s online store.
You must be logged in to post a comment.