id‘s Timothee “Bugging myself about releases does not cure AIDS” Besset let us know about the release of Doom 3 Linux (FAQ) version 1.3.1302. This is related to the version we talked about back in April of yore. As we mentioned then, the Resurrection of Evil expansion pack is supported with this release as well. This release is currently only available on id’s ftp, we’ll update as soon as the inevitable torrent is released. I’ve played through RoE under Linux in a test version, and I must say, it is worth a buy if you enjoyed the Doom 3 gameplay, and were hoping for more. The double-barrelled shotgun is especially pleasing. Lets set up some CTF games in the forums!
Update: There is an updated SDK on the id software torrent tracker as well, and Timothee just updated his .plan:
The 1.3 patch for DOOM 3 and updated SDK are now available on the id FTPserver , on http://www.doom3.com  and on the torrent tracker .Please refer to the documentation after installation for a completelist of changes since version 1.0.
The Linux update adds support for DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil. See theLinux FAQ  for installation instructions.
The updated SDK also includes game source code for the Resurrection of Evilexpansion pack. New features in 1.3 have been documented in the Linux FAQ .
Fixes & Updates in 1.3:
Changes relevant to mod developers (SDK):
- PunkBuster(TM) support has been added.
- EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) support in the sound engine contributed by CreativeLabs(R). Doom 3 base game comes with room reverb data.
- To utilize EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) in Doom 3, you must have 100% EAX 4.0compatible sound card. Please refer to your sound card manufacturer fordetails on whether or not your sound card supports EAX 4.0.
- Sound Blaster(R) Audigy(R) 2 users who wish to utilize the new EAX 4.0feature in Doom 3 should download the latest Creative Beta Drivers for thecard released on April 5th, 2005. Not using these drivers may result in gameinstability while using EAX 4.0.
- Server provides .pk4 file download URLs (http/ftp), client has internaldownload.
- New class of .pk4 files: ‘addon paks’ are only referenced when the map isloaded in.
- pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the ‘pureserver mode’ filesystem code.
- Fixed ragdoll bounciness.
- Fixed how Doom 3 detects LAN client vs. Internet clients.
- LZW compression of render demos.
- Fixed command line parameter passing.
- Added a QuakeIII-style graph of the connection quality for network clients controlled with net_clientLagOMeter cvar displays a graph of how much the client predicts ahead of the server note that you can change the minimum predict ahead of a client bysetting net_clientPrediction
- Added UploadImage to idRenderSystem interface. This lets the user blitimages to the renderer.
- Supports fs_game_base; this lets you base a mod off base game + d3xp +your own content.
- Most of the download redirection is handled in the game code, and can beextended.
- ALSA device opened non-blocking to avoid hangs.