The development team for Legends, the free, online, first-person-shooter jetpack combat game, is proud to announce the release of our next BETA version: 0.4.1c. This patch marks one more milestone in our march toward final release, and includes substantial art and script updates. We have focused on bug fixing, feature addition, and art upgrades with this patch with the goal of improving overall gameplay experience for our beta testers (you). Legends is an internet-distributed, 100% free first person shooter. Developed on the Torque Game Engine (GarageGames), our goal is to create a jetpack-based online shooter with extreme mobility and deliver it cross-platform, for free. We currently support Linux and Windows, and are seeking a Mac developer for a Mac port. Legends is current in the BETA testing phase, and this release is another in a line of BETA releases before reaching official release. The game is highly playable at this point, and we encourage everyone to download and play the game for fun. Then hop on over to our Forums, tell us what you think we can improve, and maybe even contribute content of your own. This is the short list of changes. There are many more fixes not listed here, but these are some of the major ones that give a feel for what this release has improved. Please playtest this release harshly, and report bugs to us over at our BugTracker.
- In-game Admin setup system with plug-ins (Base Rape, Team Damage, Tourney)
- Observer Camera
- 3rd Person Reticle
- Explosions and Destroyed art for turret & inventory station.
- New Plasma Turret: model, sounds, team skins and script
- New Inventory Station: model, team skins and script
- New transitory GUI to improve art quality while developing a better GUI with new exe.
- New maps (Roughland and Ocular) for CTF
- Map updates (new skies, terrain etc)
- Deployable Station added with temporary art
- Server crash fixes on mission change
- Bugs fixed which were causing server lag – inventory accessing pause, plasma turrets etc
- Simplified Server/Client Prefs files into one Prefs.cs file, moved adminuserlist.cs to /prefs
- A lot of script changes and fixes (including the Arena gametype)
4 Responses to “Legends 0.4.1c Beta”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.