Stella (multi-platform Atari 2600 emulator) version 1.4.2 has been released. The major changes:
- Updated the sound system. All popping and cracking sounds that previously occurred at program start/stop and when entering/exiting menu or pause mode have been eliminated.
- Fixed the gl_fsmax argument to mean “switch to desktop resolution on fullscreen OpenGL”, instead of to the maximum possible resolution (the two are not always the same).
- Added Alt [ and Alt ] keys to dynamically adjust the sound volume during emulation.
- Added Control 0, Control 1, Control 2, Control 3 keys to dynamically change which paddle the mouse should emulate.
- Added video_driver argument. This accepts the different options that can be specified for SDL_VIDEODRIVER (see SDL homepage for more information). Basically, it eliminates the need to set the SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment variable.
- Made sure screen is refreshed before taking a snapshot. This eliminates the problem with new snapshots containing the text “Snapshot saved”.
Stella 1.4.2 Download: [ sourceforge.net ]