e.p.i.c. interactive sent in the following press release:
“Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood” , originally developed by Spellbound Entertainment for the PC, has gone gold for Linux. The game is currently in duplication and should start shipping shortly before Christmas. About “Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood”: Do not only take on the role of the hero Robin Hood, but also the roles of his faithful vassals and take them to the battle field against the nasty Prince John Lackland. In doing so you are able to enjoy the fabulous English landscape of 1190 as well as the giant castles and funny characters. The thrilling story is introduced by an award-winning introduction and transfers you directly into the hero’s body with the first mission, in which you have to set the captive comrades free. Take up the battle against the oppressors and free the farmers from the Prince’s reign! Be smart, be fast! Be Robin Hood! Features:
- More than 30 non-linear missions in which, for instance, you have to save Little John and Brother Tuck and prevent a wedding between Marianne and the revolting Guy of Gisbourne or attack the taxation collectors of the Sheriff of Nottingham
- Visit five giant castles on different ways, at day- and night times, and at different weather conditions
- Play with up to nine integrated characters being outstanding due to their specific abilities and qualities
- Due to an innovative fighting system you are able to control the hero’s sword in battles by mouse
- Decide yourself which tactic appears to be the right one for you: reach the goal by creeping around the guards or fight bravely using sword and bow System requirements: Pentium 500 MHz or faster, 128 MB RAM, Linux kernel 2.2 or better, XFree86 3.3.x or better, 8 MB graphics board, OSS compatible soundcard, 1 GB space on harddrive
The German version was released earlier this month.