- The non-smooth camera was removed. Now everything in the gamewill always be rendered at the highest framerate possible.
- The implementation of camera smoothing was revised.
- Mouse input latency was reduced dramatically. In earlier versions mouse input suffered from a noticeable lag.
- Improved stability. A couple of segfaults were located and fixed.
- The glBSP node builder is now a plugin in the Doomsday installation.
- Graphical improvements.
- Linux improvements include MUS music playback (see the readme!), configuration options for skipping compilation of OpenGL or any of the games, and display color adjustments (gamma, contrast, brightness).
- To allow building Doomsday on a G4 (and other big-endian processors), a number of endianness issues were fixed.
Doomsday 1.8.1 Download: [ sourceforge.net ]