Everyone’s favorite arcade machine emulator X-Mame/X-Mess has been updated to a new version. Changes for this release include:
- Everything from MAME 0.84 and MESS 0.84
- Removed -listinfo, since it’s no longer supported by the core.
- The support for network play and rapidfire is no longer in vanilla MAME, so they have to be patched into the core for releases.
- Builds on LinuxPPC should no longer give warnings about “PPC” being redefined.
- Removed romalizer from src/unix/contrib/tools since it has been abandoned.
- Reworked the makefiles so that dirtied files in src/unix are once again compiled and force the application to relink. It also seems to behave well with parallel (-j) invocations of ‘make’.
- Enabled messtest in src/unix/unix.mak since it should now build without errors with ‘make -j’.
Download: [ xmame/xmess-0.84 ]