June 30th, 2004 by Crusader
zakk let us know that NVIDIA has releasedversion 1.0-6106 of their Linux display driver (x86 |AMD 64)for their various lines of video graphics cards; the 32-bit x86 README can be perusedhere(those of you with AMD 64-bit procs hitthisinstead). Changes:
- Added support for 2.6 kernels
- Added support for GeForce 6800 series of GPUs
- Added support for PCI-Express
- Added support for GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language).
- Added support for GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object.
- Added support for running 32-bit OpenGL applications on 64-bit AMD64 Linuxinstallations.
- Added support for ACPI
- Added support for 4kstack kernels.
- Added configuration utility “nvidia-settings”. For details, seethe user guide
- Added a shell script “nvidia-bug-report.sh” that gathers systemconfiguration information into a log file; the resulting log file(nvidia-bug-report.log) should be included when reporting bugs to NVIDIA.
- Added a new Xv adaptor on GeForce4 and GeForce FX which uses the 3D engineto do Xv PutImage requests.
NVIDIA Display Driver v1.0-6106 Download: [ x86 |AMD 64]
You must be logged in to post a comment.