“But if it came too easy it wouldn’t be worth all the time that it took…”
- Blob Wars : Metal Blob Solid 0.4, a platform game
- JuggleMaster 0.1, a cross-platform Juggling animator: announcement, screenshot
- Navy Seals 1.9, a Quake3 Mod: screenshots, download
- Neverball 1.0.0, a floor-tilting ball puzzle game (that uses GtkRadiant for levels!): screenshot, download
- Open Scene Graph, a portable, high level graphics toolkit: screenshots, download (thanks HeartSeed)
- SSC 0.8 , a bouncy ball arcade shoot-em up: screenshot, download
- ALSA 1.0.0pre1, the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture: download
- Boson 0.9.1, an OpenGL C&C/Starcraft-ish RTS game: changelog, screenshots, download
- ClanLib 0.7.6, a game SDK: changelog, screenshots, download
- Enrapture 0.52, an Elite inspired 3D OpenGL game: changelog, screenshots, download
- FooBillard: 2.9, an OpenGL bill(i)ards game: changelog, screenshot
- Freeciv 1.14.1-beta1, an open source Civilization clone: screenshots, download
- GCompris 4.1, an educational childrens’ game/app: changelog, screenshots, download
- Exult 1.1 beta3, an Ultima 7 engine re-implementation: changelog, screenshots, download
- Mah-Jong 1.6, a multiplayer and networked Mah-Jong game: changelog, screenshot
- nethack-el 0.9.2, a port of Nethack to Emacs: screenshot, download
- pydance 0.8.2, a Dance Dance Revolution clone (formerly pyDDR): screenshots, download
- Pygame 1.6, a game-authoring Python module set: changelog, download
- Soccar 0.5.3, a soccer game played with cars: changelog, screenshot, download
- Wine 20031118, a free Windows implementation: download
- xmame/xmess 0.77.1, arcade and virtual machine emulators: changelog, download
- Daniele “Balrog994″ Collantoni from the GemRB project sent this in:
- After some initial hiccups and downtime, linuX-gamers.net has (re)launched
- O’Reilly’s Linux DevCenter posted an article, NeL: The Software Behind the Next Great MMORPG?, which talks about the upcoming MMORPG Ryzom using NeL as their game engine.
- The Linux Jedi Clan wrote in to announce their existence and their docs: WINE/WINEX HOWTO, JK2/JKA HOWTO
GemRB is an Open-Source Infinity Engine Emulator working with Unix/Linux, MacOsX, and Windows. The engine purpose was to port games like Baldur’s Gate to the Linux platform, but now the project is growing.
The new scope is to make an engine more sophisticated than the real Infinity Engine from BioWare. We are planning to implement various add-ons to make it more versatile and expandible.
If you are interested check out our site at gemrb.sourceforge.net
We are searching for skilled C++ programmers….
I apologize for not getting to the rest of the news that belongs in here, but my ‘net connection has been down at home all day and I don’t want to hold the rest of this back any longer.