The latest release of Xmame/Xmess-0.72.1 has been released with the following changes:
Everything from MAME 0.72 and MESS 0.72. – The various effects enabled by -effect now work with rotation enabled.
– The Xv target supports more effects.
– The rc parsing code displays more compact and readable error messages.
– Xv windowed mode is now enabled with “-x11-mode 2″ or “-x11 2″, and Xv fullscreen mode is enabled with “-x11-mode 3″ or “-x11 3″. The “-[no]xv” and “-fullscreen” switches are no longer available for X11 builds. – Networking should work again. I’d forgotten to change instances of MAME_NET in src/unix to XMAME_NET in the 0.70.1 release. – Added hotkey switching for Xv windowed mode via ALT + DEL and Xv fullscreen mode via ALT + END.
– The xfx target should build again.
– Added -widescreen for Xv. This shrinks the width of the output for display on a widescreen TV.