Transgaming released the latest version of WineX yesterday (dubbed “Magrathea”?), including a new release of Point2Play.
WineX 3.1 features:
- Support for additional games that include Morrowind and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Additional speed improvements and graphical modifications, with Battlefield 1942 graphic features reflecting these changes. All previously missing graphics features in Battlefield 1942 are present
- Overall performance in most Direct3D games has been enhanced by 10 to 15% (and higher in some cases)
- Support for the installers of many newer games, including those often used by many Microsoft titles
- Improved detection of distributions that use newer glibc versions but are not capable of running some games due to glibc limitations
- i810 and other mono only sound cards, playing in game mono sounds, should no longer freeze
Point2Play 1.1 features:
- the ability to manage multiple versions of WineX
- the option to use TransGaming’s theme or work with existing desktops themes
- the advantage of being fully resizable
- the choice of starting games from the command line
Transgaming subscribers can download copies at Transgaming’s website.