TransGaming has posted a 14 January 2003 update on the progress of their product, WineX. This fork of the WINE project has concentrated on enabling the play of popular Windows games under Linux. The update covers:
- The push to a new version of WineX
- Work on vertex shaders, on the way toward complete Direct3D 8 compatibility
- DCOM/Installshield progress
- Improved joystick code, contributed by an outside developer
- Improved DirectPlay code
- Updates on specific popular games
In related news, the Alpha port of WineX is still dead.