- Italian translation
- Dutch translation
- Updated German translation
- Support for SDL’s upcoming “WMCLASS” support (so it’ll play nice under WindowMaker)
- Renamed US Coin stamps’ filenames, so that they sort in order of value. (Penny, Nickel, etc.)
- Made a few of the flower stamps ‘tintable,’ to show off the feature.
- Better looking cursor in ‘Open’ dialog.
- ‘Candy-cane’ style progress bar displayed when first starting up, and while preparing to show thumbnails of saved images.
- Added details on “*PREFIX” Makefile variables in “INSTALL.txt” docs. (Spanish translation of this file needs updating!)
- And, last but not least, the number one requested feature: Support for loading older, BMP-format ‘saved’ images!
Bill also sent in this note for help:
I’m interested in translating Tux Paint to as many languages as possible. I’d especially like help in the non-Latin-character languages like Hindi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc… I’ll need (open source compatible) TTF fonts, and help getting the code to work with them.