As announced at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo 2002, the leading event focused exclusively on Linux and open source solutions, “Linux (for PlayStation 2)” will for the first time allow developers in North America complete access to the PlayStation 2 runtime environment and system manuals. The “Linux (for PlayStation 2)” Release 1.0 kit includes:
- Internal hard disk drive for PlayStation 2 (HDD) with 40 GB capacity
- Network Adaptor (Ethernet) (for PlayStation 2) with 100 Base T Ethernet interface
- Linux Kernel version 2.2.1 (with USB device support)
- “Linux (for PlayStation 2)” Version 1.0 software distribution on two DVDs
- gcc 2.95.2 and glibc 2.2.2 with VU assemblers
- XFree86 3.3.6 with PlayStation 2 GS support
- Computer monitor adaptor (for PlayStation 2) (with audio connectors)
- USB Keyboard and mouse (for PlayStation 2)
In addition to the “Linux (for PlayStation 2)” kit, users must have a standard North American PlayStation 2 (SCPH 30001, SCPH 30001R, SCPH 35001GT), a Memory Card (8M) (for PlayStation 2), and a VESA monitor. The graphics output requires a high-resolution computer display, with standard output set as XGA (1024 x 768 resolution); home televisions cannot be used as monitors. Computer displays supporting “sync on green” are mandatory.
7 Responses to “PS2 Linux Kit Details”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.