- Gamespy posted anew previewof Return to Castle Wolfenstein, theremake of Wolfenstein 3-D being developedfor id Software by Gray Matter andNerve Software. The preview makes mentionthat the chances for a retail boxed Linux port are nil; fortunately, id’s Timothee Besset portedthe RTCW multiplayertest in his spare time, and indicatedthat he should be able to do the same for the retail release.
- In addition, their hosted site3DActionPlanet has posted aarticle giving some historical backgroundfor some of the weapons featured in RTCW.
- Achtung! Wolfenstein received aSITREP recently from Gray Matter:
With the map test, the QA department at Activision, Id, Gray Matter, Nerve, and friends and family, there are a lot of eyes looking and playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein right now. It’s a wonderful thing and it will go a long way to making the game as robustand solid as possible. Right now we’re still in the Beta phase fixing bugs, tweaking cut-scene cameras and adding story polish where needed. I can safely say this game is getting the attention it deserves.
- For those administrating RTCW multiplayer test servers, version 0.8.0 ofWolfStat, which compiles statistics from games played on the server in question,was released (the site seems down at the moment however). Moreover, another tool for admins is theWolfenstein Admin Bot, which should aid in kicking team-killing playersfrom your server.
- There’s a RTCWdeveloper diary by Gray Matter’sGreg Goodrich up at IGN.
- Finally, one of our readers was kind enough to convert the E3 RTCW trailer to MPEG format, which you can nowdownload from here:
7 Responses to “Wolfenstein Stuff”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.