A new version of the ever-so-cool flight simulator Flight Gear has been released. This release incorporates many changes and bugfixes, such as:
- Tools for parallelizing the scenery building tasks. For instance by using 20 Linux machines in parallel, scenery for the entire USA can be regenerated in just over 4 hours vs. 70+ hours on a single machine.
- Texture scale can be specified (and changed) in the materials file. The sim must be rerun for the change to take effect.
- Windows version now uses plib joystick code so rudder pedals should work.
- FGFS now builds against Steve Baker’s plib
- Source code changes for better compiling with the Borland compilers, and with MacOS and IRIX.
- You can now fly across the international date line.
Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Go grab it now and start flying!