Some new Loki Software releases:
- Version 1.2a ofCivilization: Call to Power; changes:
- Fixed loading play-by-email games containing spaces.
- Fixed crash on start when playing on an 8-bit X11 display.
- Fixed crash playing some of the movies.
- Fixed game hang when switching desktops with XFree86 4.0.
- Scrolling works now after toggling fullscreen mode.
- Fixed diplomacy crash in German language version.
- Networking is now built in, solving LC_ALL problem.
- civctp -s no longer signals the name of a scenario to load.
- Fixed 1.1 save game compatibility.
- Fixed Play-By-Email games with Windows players (save game compatibility).
- Fixed assertion failure when loading scenario icons.
Civ:CTP is now supported in Loki Update; you can get the patch you need for youversion of CTP from
- Version 0.4.3 of the SDL MPEG Player Library;the full list of changes can be found in the README.
SMPEG 0.4.3 Source: ftp://ftp.lokigames.com/pub/open-source/smpeg/smpeg-0.4.3.tar.gz
- Also, version 1.0.10 of Loki Update, used for patchingLoki games, was released. Changes:
- You can pass an install directory as well as product on the command line
- Added multi-language detection for Heretic II
- Fixed setting the temporary download path
- Always use the effective user id for the home directory
The appropriate version for your architecture can be downloaded from the utility’shomepage.
- Finally, Linux Tribes’Bad_CRC wrote in to point outthat Loki’s Mike Phillips has addedmd5sums for theirTribes 2 dedicated server patches as a download sanitycheck.