Version 0.7.6 of the FlightGearFlight Simulator has been released. Changes include:
- Added night ground cover lights with user controllable densities on a per texture basis. Lights have a bit of a “fog punch through” effect.
- Support added for “shaped” instrument panels.
- Added support for virtual panels that are larger than the screen space which can scroll.
- Added waypoint and route flying support to the autopilot and HUD.
- New highly detailed runway textures with accurate markings.
- Added a basic piston engine model, with support for rpm, egt, cht, mp, and mixture.
- Many tweaks and improvements to the c172 instrument panel.
- Corrections and additions to the airport and navaid database.
- Added an external interface to the property manager so you can “telnet” into a running copy of FlightGear, cd through the property tree and examine and even change values, all from a remote computer.
- Improvements to flight model initialization.
- Added a load/save dialog box for saving/restoring your current flight.
- Added a visibility= command line option for setting intial visibility distance.
- Rewrote the tile caching scheme so it is now more flexible, more dynamic, simpler, and more robust.
FlightGear 0.7.6 source and downloads: www.flightgear.org/Downloads/