- Dave from SystemLogic wrote in noting that they’ve posted a piece which attempts to answer “Why Linux?“
- AgentGray made his last update to the Heavy Gear News Network, which will be opened up for use by the Heavy Gear community atlarge.
- In addition to his previous article, Linux.com’s Brian Richardson wrote an articlegiving the specifications for a monster Linux gaming machine for those with no budget limitations.
- Speaking of Linux.com, Ryan “Dance, Dance, Dance Machine” Gordon of Loki fame wrote an article which gives an overview of porting Win32 apps which use Microsoft Foundation Classes for widgets to the Gimp Toolkit.
- GarageGames, founded by ex-Dynamix employees, including Tribes 2 programmerRick Overman,has officially launched their site. Intended as an independent game developer resource, services include a Game Ideas Forum and Game Services Marketplace.
- David “Zoid” Kirsch, who maintained the Quake Linux ports and created QuakeWorld Capture the Flag before leaving id, made a laconic update to the Threewave CTF site, which would seem to indicate that a new Threewave CTF mod for Quake 3: Arena will be released to complement the existing CTF gametype.
- Other Slashdot stuff:
- Admin Central has a brief guide to setting up a Q3A dedicated server.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.