- Version 1.2 of the multi-game Doom-engine project Vavoom has been released; changes include:
- Some structures are replaced with C++ classes, which makes coding easier.
- Functions, that takes most of the execution time (R_DrawColumn, R_DrawSpan andRunFunction) now are in assembler (DOS and LINUX versions only).
- Improved dehacked support. Now it handles everything, that it can. It is also added to makeinfo utility, which means that now you can create PROGS with changes of dehacked patch.
- Removed some command line params (-playdemo, -record, -width, -height, ..). Most ofthem are replaced with console commands that can be specified in command line byadding + before them (like in Quake).
- Some bug fixes.
Vavoom 1.2 Download:
- A new source snapshot of XDoom has been released by Udo Munk; changes include:
- Lots more of the Boom extended linedefs implemented.
- Linux PPC is working now under X, full screen console; graphics still needs work.
- Documentation work.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.