More news from the shores of hell:
- Version 1.0 of Vavoom, which can playseveral Doom-engine based games ([Ultimate] Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, and Hexen), has beenreleased. Features include:
- Supports high resolutions
- Freelook, jumping, crosshair
- Limited dehacked file support (tested with Aliens TC, Batman Doom)
- Fullscreen stats in Doom
- Controls can be redefined in-game
- Doom can play demos from older versions
Vavoom 1.0 Download:
- Digital Eelinterviewed several industrydevelopers regarding the recent Doom announcement; all 11 interviewees hold court with their conceptionsof what the next id game should offer.
- After some brief controversy,Raven Software’s Kenn Hoekstraposted onDoomWorld’s forums to state that theHeretic/Hexen source code would be released into the public domain (the specific licensewas not specified), negating the Activision EULA under which they were previously released.
- Finally, from the memorabilia category, ION Storm’sLucas Davis sent Linguica twoshots of the actual chainsaw whichinspired the Doom melee mainstay, now under the ownership of Tom Hall.