Once again, its entropy-laden catch-up time…
- James Hills wrote in last week with a newarticle hosted atGamespy which compares Indrema’sproposed Linux-based consolesystem withMicrosoft’s Xbox (although few details of consequence are provided).
- Judecca sent in a link to theWine + NVidia + Half-Life MiniHOWTO by David McBride,which, as the name suggests, explains how to configure your Linux box to run the Win32 Half-Life clientunder WINE on system with a NVIDIAgraphics card.
- Sam Hart sent in a launch announcement forthe The Vidiot’s Club, which will include”a strong emphasis on Linux gaming”. Furthermore, the site has posted areview ofHeroes of Might and Magic III, which makes mentionof the AI’s tactical tenacity.
- Eugenia Loli fired in a link to a BeOS benchmark article in which that other upstart OS fares rather well against Linux in a series of V2 GLQuake and Quake 2 tests.
- The Cobalt Journalist linked two tutorials on Q3Xtreme.net which endeavor to explain how to install and configure the dedicated server for Linux Quake III: Arena.