Here are a few updates relating to commercial titles being developed (i.e., by the original developer as opposedto a third-party port):
- An interview with Dave Georgesonof Dynamix concerning the upcoming sci-fi multiplayer combat gameTribes 2 has been posted atGameSlice; in it, Dave discusses the Tribes 2 engine, vehicular options, arms(including anti-air missiles… it sounds like supression of enemy air defenses will be a priority for anysuccessful assault team), and new gameplay mods (thanks KungFu).It has been previouslystated that the Linux client port of Tribes 2will be released by Dynamix at some point after the initial Win32 version ships.
- Inside Mac Games fired off dual warshots with regardsto the upcoming space combat sim Terminus (whichwill include Linux, MacOS, and Win32 binaries in the retail box): Aninterview withVicarious Visions CEO Karthik Bala, and apreview of the game, which recently went gold(thanks Blue). Furthermore,Station Terminusposted their initial impressions earlier this week; nine screenshots are also included.
- The Anarchy Online site updated withthree additional screenshots from the QT-basedMMORPG; they’re available athttp://www.anarchy-online.com/game/screenshots/screenshots.html.
- Neverwinter Vault has posted ashotof Neverwinter Nights’ radialmenu UI (thanks Eurogamer.net, who, incidentally,have their own preview of NWN up). Neverwinter Nights is a multiplayer (not massive or persistent however)AD&D RPG being developed for Linux by Bioware.
- Finally, BWVault reported thatthe Black & White fansiteThe Citadel has posted severalE3 videos inMPEG format, including one with Peter Molyneux’s statements on open-sourcingthe god game to facilitate community modification.