- Bug prevented compiling without sound support, now fixed
- Napalm now has flames
- Pause feature
- Fix crash on startup
- Made Spider weapons avoid potential lockup
- Fixed fatal bug with –geometry, when dimensions given were small
- Sound support is present – see below for comments.
- Minor enhancements to interface
- `Unknown’ AI added
- `Random’ landscape generator and `Random’ sky selection
- `Mass Kill’, in the System Menu, is implemented
- Icon-related code updated
In regards to sound support, the ChanegLog notes:
Sound support is present, but as you’ll quickly notice, there are no sounds yet. Neither of us is particularly musically gifted, so if someone out there is willing to write modules and sound effects, that would be great! The system is currently looking for XM files, although any format playable by libmikmod is fine.
If you’re interested in doing music, I’ve been thinking of splitting it into five parts, prelude, inventory screen, main game, end round, and end game.
XScorch source: xscorch-0.1.3.tar.gz