- Rust has posted a screenshot of Linux Q3Radiant, the Q3A level editor recently released with Loki’s port of the Q3SDK.
- PlanetQ3F has launched; the site will be devoted to providing news, files, reviews, and tactics for Q3F, the team class-based mod for Quake 3: Arena.
- Alain le Sage sent in a link to his HOWTO regarding the installation and configuration of NVIDIA’s drivers under Linux, including a list of common issues (and solutions) that may be encountered.
- Erik Johansson sent in a transcription of relevant quotes from Tony Tamasi’s (of NVIDIA) audio interview withPlanet GeForce:
“The entire driver architecture has been ported to linux.”
“We can’t really OpenSource it in a traditional sence, because weco-developed it with SGI and VA-Linux, this is real OpenGL and notfakeGL [...] there’s intellectual property that’s not ours, that wecan’t OpenSource.”
“The reason you OpenSource the drivers are that you aren’t reallygoing to the drivers yourself.”
“98% of the [the driver] code is the same [on Windows and Linux] [...]that’s why we can afford supporting Linux.”
- Patrick Mullen of The Duke of URL sent in a link to his Elsa Gladiac-GeForce 2 GTS Review which includes Linux benchmarks for the recently released 3D card.
3 Responses to “/dev/urandom”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.