- NVIDIA has announced the imminent release of the GeForce 2 GTS, their next-generation 3D chipset. The press release also includes a laundry list of features:
- Second generation transform and lighting engines
- Hardware full-scene anti-aliasing (FSAA)
- NVIDIA Shading Rasterizer (NSR) – multi-operation per-pixel rendering engine
- Integrated TMDS transmitter supporting flat panels up to 1280 x 1024
- Up to 128MB of high-speed double data rate frame buffer memory
- AGP 4X and PCI support
- Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® and SGI OpenGL®
- Optimal performance for current and future CPUs from Intel and AMD
- Unreal Universe has obtained a few screenshots of Unreal Tournament running on a Voodoo 5 5500 with 4x full-scene anti-aliasing enabled.
- 3dfx updated with word that Juha Valkama’s Voodoo3 3500 TV project has produced usable drivers; they can be downloaded via CVS (instructions here).
One Response to “3D Cards Redux”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.