- Relative mouse motion works automatically in X11 fullscreen mode.
- DGA mouse support is now selectable via environment variable.
- SDL now opens /dev/dsp by default instead of ESD, unless you set the ESPEAKER environment variable.
- SDL now detects audio cards which are misconfigured on Linux and disables audio at runtime if it detects that audio isn’t playing.
- Alt-Enter functionality has been disabled by default. It is still available programmatically – see the WhatsNew file for details.
Sam also notes:
This will hopefully be the last in the SDL 1.0 series – I want tofocus on our new open-source pirate role-playing game and gettingSDL 1.1 done.
SDL 1.0.6 Source: