Hi hi; here’s a scatter gun spray’s worth of news items:
- The post-apocalyptic MMO (where’s the post-post-apocalyptic MMO?) Grimlands will be coming to Linux.
- Obsidian has posted a video update for Project Eternity, their upcoming isometric RPG (think Baldur’s Gate 2):
- The platformer Shovel Knight is now Linux-bound after a successful Kickstarter round.
- Cubemen 2, a 3D strategy game, has been released on Steam:
- The Shadowrun Returns project has updated to note that the Linux version will be made available post-launch, and that all versions will only be released on Steam, which RPS has some thoughts about.
- This is kind of bananas in that it illustrates how much circumstances have changed over the past 12 months or so: Ubuntu is now an option for the Alienware X51 gaming PC.
I have a few thoughts about some of the trends in the items above (less emphasis on being DRM-free in favor of Steam, the rise of Kickstarter) that I still need to gather into something coherent, but feel free to add your own comments below!