Yamagi Quake II is an enhanced client for id Software’s Quake II, focusing on maintaining the original gameplay experience:
- Anisotropic filtering.
- Compatible with most mods (as long as their source is available).
- From scratch rewritten savegame system.
- Full 64 bit support.
- Ingame soundtrack playback via OGG/Vorbis.
- IPv6 support.
- Mature and stable codebase.
- No gameplay and graphic enhancements.
- SDL for input and rendering.
- Support for unlimited screen size / resolutions.
- Widescreen support.
Version 4.0 was just released to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the engine source code (!).